Subject: RE: [docbook] inserting general entities

Thanks Bob,

I put them in the same directory as 'dbgenent.mod' but that doesn't validate
either (in xmlspy anyways). Second, you refer to a 'catalog system'. Is that
in your book?

Thanks,
René

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:46 PM
To: René Haché; docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

Well, don't give up on dbgenent.mod yet, as that is its purpose.  It is
likely that your relative paths are not resolving.  To quote the XML spec
(4.2.2):

"relative URIs are relative to the location of the resource within which the
entity declaration occurs."

That is 'section1.xml' is taken to be in the same directory as dbgenent.mod.
If that isn't the case, you need to set up a catalog system so you can
resolve your entities in a flexible manner.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net