Subject: Re: [docbook] DTD Customisation

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 15:37, Mike Devlin wrote:
> Camille
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> I think I'd want to ensure that the authors were forced into the desired
> mode automatically. For example, some XML Editors are context sensitive
> and can offer only valid elements to the user depending on where they
> are in the document. It would be nice if the authors were offered the
> correct <section>s with the correct role attributes during document
> creation...

Oh OK. As far as I understand DTDs, you cannot force that type of behavior
(succesion of same elements with different attribute values) with the DTD
language. You will need to use an XML schema. and those are still work in
progress for docbook. Editors support for schemas is also not so widespread
as DTDs are.

Camille.

--
Camille Bégnis