Subject: DocBook NG (was: DocBook NG and <biblioref>)

Norman Walsh wrote:

>/ Oliver Horn <oliver.horn@gmx.net> was heard to say:
>| I was just wondering that DocBook NG (Cachaça Release) supports
>| <biblioref> but does not allow it inside <citation>?
>
>That's bug.

That's good to know :-).

>| PS: Is the docbook-list the right place to discuss DocBook NG?
>
>Yes.

Well then... I've encountered one more bug ("Drambuie"):

- db.html.coreattrs do not define an @id attribute.

  I think that's definitely a bug.  Consequences are e.g. that's not
  possible to reference formal HTML tables (<table> with <caption>)
  via <xref> since they are not allowed to take an @id attribute. :-(

The following are just some impressions and suggestions that come to
my mind in the last few days:

- Update HTML elements to reflect XHTML 1.1 [1], i.e. replace @lang with
  @xml:lang.  It is confusing to use @xml:lang with DbNG and @lang with
  HTML elements.
  Furthermore, I'm not sure if @dir is needed.  For me, it makes no sense
  that just a couple of elements supports a bidi-text attribute.

- Content models of <replaceable> and <remark> are too restricted.  For
  instance, I would like to use <sub/superscript> inside <replaceable>
  and inline link elements inside <remark>.

- The recently released XHTML 2 WD [2] just reminded me that there was
  some work on a universal @xml:id attribute [3].  But ok, both are
  drafts.

Best Regards,
Oliver