Subject: Page number and PDF issues

Hello,

I am using a DSSSL print stylesheet and converting my document to a PDF.
I have small problem, and I was wondering if anyone could help:

The title page, table of contents and preamble all use a roman numeral
system to number the pages. From Chapter 1 onwards, however, arabic
numerals are used. Chapter 1 begins on the 9th page of a PDF document.
As PDF viewers use arabic page numbering all the way throughout the
document, this means that users looking to jump to specific chapters
through a PDF viewer must skip 8 pages further than the contents would
suggest.

Is there any way to add 8 onto the value of each arabic page number to
avoid this problem?

Thanks,

Caillan Crowe-McAuliffe