Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 September2004

Bob Stayton wrote:

>- Add optional xml:space="preserved" attribute to verbatim elements.

That should be xml:space="preserve", not "preserved".

I'm not sure what you mean by "optional". I assume you mean that in the
DTD this would be declared as #IMPLIED? If so, I would suggest that this
be required for verbatim elements, with a  default value of "preserve".
This would assist any generic processing tools that don't have specific
knowledge of DocBook, especially formatting tools.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@metalab.unc.edu