Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook colwidth Problems

Hi,

about 3 weeks ago, I had the same problem with the "colwidth" attribute
and sent a report to the appropriate Sourceforge list,
because I thought it was bug.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=373747&aid=1086619&group_id
=21935

Bob Stayton pointed me to this mailing list (thanks Bob!), and encouraged me
to enter this discussion thread.

IMHO, "colwidth" can be very useful without extensions, even without the
complete CALS functionality. I use xsltproc which does not support the
extensions, and I would appreciate it if I do not have to change the xslt
processor just for
doing something simple like <colspec colwidth="20%">.

Since the 'generate.col' template works fine for me when disabling the tests
for 'use.extensions' and 'tablecolumns.extension', I wonder if it might be
possible that on of the upcoming docbook-xml version allows some simple use
of "colwidth" without extensions.

Thanks

- Michael -