Subject: Re: DocBook 5.0: The Definitive Guide

/ "Rajal Shah" <rajal@meshsoftware.com> was heard to say:
| It actually has a side benefit with nXML when removing the namespace..
| Suddenly, my book can now be validated correctly against docbook.rnc schema
| which was my other query.. I just need to figure out how to allow for

You mean docbook.rnc for one of the 4.x series, I presume.

| xincludes with nxml so that it doesn't complain about it..

Yeah, I haven't figured out what to do about that. Part of me is
tempted to add xi:include to the block- and component-level patterns
in DocBook NG.

But, of course, what you *really* want is for nxml to be smart enough
to validate the content instead, so I'm not sure.

For TDG5 which is all built with xincludes, I flatten and then validate.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Logical consequences are the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | scarecrows of fools and the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | beacons of wise men.--Thomas Henry
                                   | Huxley

PGP signature