Subject: Re: Dtd, Xsd or RNG/RNC as your choice of schema technology for yourdocset?

/ Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
| On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 18:43 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
|

|> | 3.	Developing publishing tools.. (mostly XSL, so I don't think schema
|> | technology is an issue as long as the instance document validates with the
|> | schema).
|>
|> Yep. XSLT2 will give you some data types, but I hope to see RELAX NG
|> validators that build XPath2 Data Models.
|
| Sounds intriguing Norm.
| Would you explain a little further please?

I think Kohsuke's MSV[1] can perform type assignment in addition to
validation (if not, then one of his other tools can), so it should be
possible to use the output from that validation process to build a
typed XPath 2 data model. SMOP[1].

[1] http://msv.dev.java.net/
[2] http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/s/SMOP.html

--