Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: DocBook Annotations

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 12:43 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Paul and I were talking about this earlier today and we kicked around
> another possibility. This may be along the same lines as what John
> Clark proposed.
>
> We could instead do this:

> <info>
> <annotation xml:id="anot.tooltip">
> <title>Tool Tips</title>
> <para>A tool tip is a word or short phrase displayed automatically by
> an application when the user hovers the mouse over some component in the
> user interface.</para></annotation>
> </info>
> <para>Modern browsers display acronym expansions and link titles as

I can see its utility, certainly for multiple re-use, but
I don't like its verbosity for a simple explanation which I saw
as the typical use of 'alt'.
  For annotation it is (perhaps)more reasonable... but how to
differentiate this from a footnote? Just the syntax?

I prefer the former syntax .

regards DaveP