Subject: how to markup user id's in author element?

Hi,

My docBook file is very modular, and many of the pieces are to be
reviewed / edited by a number of people. I would like to send out a
"request for change" package to the content reviewers / approvers that
would only contain the portions of the main document *they* have to
review.

I think I should use the <chapterinfo> / <sectioninfo> element with
<author> element(s), but how do I mark up the person's user id? I can't
use an ID attribute on <author> as a given user may be responsible for
many parts of the document, and the ID is supposed to be unique.

I was thinking of using <othername> or <othername role="userid">... any
best practices?

Here's an example:

<book>
<title>User's Guide for the DocBook DTD</title>

<section>
<title>Some Section by Terry and Eve</title>

<sectioninfo>
  <authorgroup>
      <othername role="userid">tallen</othername>
    </author>
      <othername role="userid">emaler</othername>
      <affiliation><orgname>Arbortext, Inc.</orgname></affiliation>
    </author>
  </authorgroup>
</sectioninfo>
<para>blah blah blah</para>
</section>

<section>
<title>A Section by Terry and John</title>

<sectioninfo>
  <authorgroup>
      <othername role="userid">tallen</othername>
    </author>
      <othername role="userid">jsmith</othername>
    </author>
  </authorgroup>
</sectioninfo>
<para>blah blah blah blah blah blah</para>
</section>

</book>

TIA,

Chris