Subject: Re: Converting Docbook XML to PDF with FOP

Sean Wheller (10-04-05 12:06)
> You can use xmllint.

Thanks.

I tried xmllint --validate document.xml and I get errors. I was able to
fix most of them, but I can't seem to get it right in the glossary.
This is the output of xmllint:

$ xmllint --valid pandion.xml
glossary.xml:122: element appendix: validity error : Element appendix
content does not follow the DTD, expecting (beginpage? , appendixinfo? ,
(title , subtitle? , titleabbrev?) , (toc | lot | index | glossary |
bibliography)* , tocchap? , (((calloutlist | glosslist | itemizedlist |
orderedlist | segmentedlist | simplelist | variablelist | caution |
important | note | tip | warning | literallayout | programlisting |
programlistingco | screen | screenco | screenshot | synopsis | cmdsynopsis
| funcsynopsis | classsynopsis | fieldsynopsis | constructorsynopsis |
destructorsynopsis | methodsynopsis | formalpara | para | simpara |
address | blockquote | graphic | graphicco | mediaobject | mediaobjectco |
informalequation | informalexample | informalfigure | informaltable |
equation | example | figure | table | msgset | procedure | sidebar |
qandaset | anchor | bridgehead | remark | highlights | abstract |
authorblurb | epigraph | indexterm | beginpage)+ , (sect1* | refentry* |
simplesect* | section*)) | sect1+ | refentry+ | simplesect+ | section+) ,
(toc | lot | index | glossary | bibliography)*), got (title glossdiv
glossdiv glossdiv glossdiv glossdiv )
    </appendix>
               ^
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"; [
<!-- This entity will be replaced everywhere. Change the name to change
the name of the program. --><!ENTITY program "Pandion">
<!-- These entities contain the subfiles. Please do not change the names.
--><!ENTITY bookinfo SYSTEM "bookinfo.xml">
<!ENTITY getting_started SYSTEM "getting_started.xml">
<!ENTITY basics SYSTEM "basics.xml">
<!ENTITY extras SYSTEM "extras.xml">
<!ENTITY glossary SYSTEM "glossary.xml">
]>
<!-- Translators: please change the language code. Ex: 'nl' for Dutch,
'en' for English, 'fr' for French, etc. -->
<book lang="en">

        &bookinfo;                      <!-- author, copyright, keywords -->

        &getting_started;       <!-- System requirements and installation -->
        &basics;                        <!-- Adding contacts, chatting etc -->
        &extras;                        <!-- Plugins and emoticons -->

        &glossary;                      <!-- List with difficult words -->

</book>

===

The glossary.xml can be found here:
http://branders.name/files/pandion/glossary.xml

What's wrong with it?
Again, thanks for helping me. This is all quite new to me.

Regards
--
Ben Branders                         Website:       http://branders.name
                                   Jabber ID:  xmpp:ben@jabber.belnet.be