Subject: RE: [docbook] Software Review: InDesign + DocBook

> [. . . ]
> anything thats commandline or linux
> based or overly technical is out.  We dont have programmers we have
> authors so we are trying to stick to a WYSWYG solution, to which the
> above packages adhere too.

In this case, your Arbortext option could be one that would work for you, but it
would be one in which you pay Arbortext to set everything up. Setting up an Epic
Editor authoring environment requires some technical skills.

About InDesign, I do not now nor have I ever considered InDesign for any XML
publishing of any kind. I consider InDesign to be Adobe's replacement for
PageMaker, not suitable for XML authoring or publishing. In fact, I have never
heard of anyone using InDesign for DocBook XML or any XML publishing. But, I
suppose it could happen.

Steve Whitlatch