Subject: Re: [docbook] errors when following a crash course

Am Donnerstag 28 April 2005 15:40 schrieb Kerry Cox:
> Sounds like you mightbe using SUSE Pro 9.2 as your OS of choice. I had
> the same errors. I had to go into those files and manually remove
> specific entries from those individual files. I have detailed notes on
> what I did but those are at work right now. If you require more
> information, let me know.
> SUSE 9.2 was a bit rough in getting to work out of the box. Some of
> the other Linux distros worked a bit better.
> KJ

I am sorry, I forgot to describe my environment. I use Gentoo Linux and
installed the following packages (some where already there):

app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-4.1-r2 *
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-4.0-r2 *
app-text/docbook-xml-simple-dtd-4.1.2.4 *
app-text/docbook-dsssl-stylesheets-1.77-r2 *
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.0-r2 *
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.1-r2 *
app-text/build-docbook-catalog-1.2 *
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-4.2-r1 *
app-text/docbook-xml-dtd-4.3 *
app-text/docbook-sgml-utils-0.6.12 *
app-text/docbook-xml-dtd-4.1.2-r5 *
app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets-1.66.1 *
dev-perl/SGMLSpm-1.03-r5 *
app-text/sgml-common-0.6.3-r4 *

This page describes the necessary software:
http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/crash-course/installing-the-tools.html
I cannot say I that I have every necessary package but I guess it should
be ok.

You edited the files ? Whoah! I think that should be solvable some safer
way, shouldn't it ?

Regards,

Timo