Subject: Handling placeholders for certain texts..

We have a bunch of text - where the actual information is provided much
much later in the process.. These texts are inserted at numerous places in
all the XML books and we need to insert placeholder for them. What is the
best way to handle them in docbook? Is there a way to define placeholders
for them and then assign the final/actual value for them to be replaced
with?

Almost all the placeholders are determined at authoring time by the actual
writer himself.. For example: we announce a bunch of release information
with URLS for the software and documentation details. The URLs are not
known to us up front but we include that information in tons of places in
our docset. (much like Text entities with DTDs).

We use Docbook schemas.
--
Rajal

What is a good way to have placeholders for it