Subject: Re: Annotation element removed from XSD 4.5b1?

/ Sergio Trejo <sergtrejo@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| I am using Docbook XSD 4.5b1 and noticed that there is no longer an
| annotation element (though there is a lineannotation for literal
| content). I am wondering why the annotation element has been removed
| or deprecated from Docbook 4.5b1 XSD (and possibly previous versions
| of Docbook)? I'm fairly sure I saw an earlier reference to the
| annotation element (was it in Docbook 3.x?).

There's been quite a bit of discussion around 'annotation' recently,
but it has never been in any official release. It is now available in
my experimental DocBook NG schemas. It will (probably) be available
in DocBook V5.0.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Advertising may be described as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the science of arresting the human
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | intelligence long enough to get
                                   | money from it.--Stephen B. Leacock

PGP signature