Subject: Re: [docbook] Volume title tag

Well, the articleinfo element will accept more than one title element.  You
could add something like:

<title role="volume_title">General Contributions</title>

But then you will have to customize some templates to handle this title (and
not output it along with the regular title). That could get a little tricky
as titles can be processed in several different modes.  I think this empty
template would prevent it from being added to your regular article title:

<xsl:template match="title[@role='volume_title']"
mode="article.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"/>

I'd probably customize the 'volumnenum' template to append this title, if it
exists.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aidan Lister" <aidanis@gmail.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: [docbook] Volume title tag

Hi,

I'm looking for a tag to store the title of the volume in which an
article is published.

Say I have an article, published under: 2004, Volume 14, General
Contributions.

I've got:

 <articleinfo>
  <volumenum>14</volumenum>
  <edition>2004</edition>
 </articleinfo>

But what would I store "General Contributions" under?

Kind regards,
Aidan