Subject: Re: [docbook] Graphics does not render converting to PDF

Hi Ferad,

On 09/07/2005, at 3:22 AM, Ferad Zyulkyarov wrote:

Below is DocBook fragment that I want to render as a figure.
<figure>
     <title>The UML model to be compared</title>
     <mediaobject>
           <imageobject>
                 <imagedata fileref="figure1.eps" format="EPS"/>
           </imageobject>
     </mediaobject>
</figure>

The image I enclose (figure1.eps) deos not render neither with Apache
Cocoon nor with Jade. I just can not see the image from the most
popular PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader, and the linux PDF viewers.

I have not looked at Cocoon for quite some time, but as far as I know it uses FOP to render to PDF.  FOP (apparently) only supports EPS if PostScript is the output format (which is not an enormous deficiency---XEP has the same limitation).

Maybe you can have FOP produce PostScript, and wedge something like ps2pdf into your Cocoon pipeline, I don't know.