Subject: Re: DocBook and DITA

I've been following this thread for a while, and thought I'd throw this out.

I'm the lead architect for the next version of Netscape, and am hoping to move the browser beyond the traditional role as an HTML viewer into a more generalized XML viewer. One notion that I've been toying with has been to integrate either DocBook or DITA support (or both) into the 9.0 browser, due out in 2007, and would be interested in hearing from the people on this list both what you think of this and what aspects of either or both standards we most specifically need to emphasize in order to make these formats useful to the general populace as well as to specialized users.

-- Kurt Cagle