Subject: Re: Accommodating articles.

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|
|> | (3) <authorgroup><author> needs to allow <footnote>
|> |     The reason is that sometimes authors move on, to the afterlife
|> or |     new laboratories/positions and it is important and
|> respectful |     to note such things, but not within the main body
|> of the article.
|> |     Actually I noticed some publications put the complete author |
|> address as a footnote, appropriately <footnoteref>'ed by other |
|> authors from the same institution.
|> Another RFE, please.
|
| Isn't this just formatting (stylesheet) issue? Stylesheet could be
| parametrized to present author information as a footnote and
| sophisticated stylesheet can even merge same addresses into the one
| footnote.

Ahh, good point. Yes, thank you, Jirka. I was thinking of general
footnotes in author, but if what's really needed is simply the ability
to present affiliations in footnotes, there's no need for the footnote
element per se.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He who fails to become a giant
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | need not remain content with being
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | a dwarf.--Ernest Bramah

PGP signature