Subject: Placement of attribution in blockquotes

Here's something I've always wondered, and never got around to asking.
Why can't we have an attribution at the end of a blockquote?  One reason
that springs to mind is that we may have wanted to enforce a "no more
than one attribution per blockquote" rule, and I think that supporting
this option with DTDs would have allowed an attribution at the beginning
and the end of a blockquote.  This kind of constraint (attribution at
either the beginning or end but not both) would be enforceable using
Relax NG, though, would it not?

Take care,

    John L. Clark

PGP signature