Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook tool chain recommendations?

Also not Open Source, but an excellent editor, oXygen offers built in
support for RelaxNG and FOP (and more!)

Best regards,

--Scott

klaus e. werner wrote:

> Rich Morin wrote:
>
>> I'm still trying to decide on an Open Source tool chain to use
>> for formatting DocBook into PDF.  I gather that the procedure
>> is to use an XSLT processor to process DocBook into XSL-FO,
>> then use an XSL-FO processor to generate the PDF.
>

> (Though not completely Open Source / FLOSS ...)
>
> Did you have a look at XMLMind's XXE Editor?  It is probably as
> convenient as can be, and has nice plug-ins for FOP or RenderX (the
> latter one is available in a Personal Edition).
>
> It is extensively documented and customizable, and the Pro version
> gives you the full (Java) Source Code, too.
>
> Best wishes,

*Scott Hudson*
Flatirons Solutions Corporation
XML and Content Management Solutions
2555 55th Street, Suite 100 D
Boulder, CO 80301
phone: 303-544-0514 x 146
fax: 303-544-0522
email: Scott.Hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com
<mailto:Scott.Hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com>
web: http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com <http://www.flatironssolutions.com/>
blog: http://scottysengineeringlog.net <http://scottysengineeringlog.net/>

Knowledge is Power. Sharing is Empowerment.
begin:vcard
fn:Scott Hudson
n:Hudson;Scott
org:Flatirons Solutions
adr:;;2555 55th Street, Suite 100D;Boulder;CO;80301;USA
email;internet:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
title:Consultant
tel;work:303-544-0514 x146
tel;fax:303-544-0522
tel;cell:303-332-1883
note:Knowledge is power. Sharing is empowerment.
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://shudson310.blogspot.com
version:2.1
end:vcard