Subject: DocBook/XML catalog question

Hi,

a quick question since I help maintain DocBook/XML for pkgsrc.org.

DocBook/XML 4.1.2 - 4.4 are all backwards compatible, does this mean that I
can just add this to catalog.xml:

<public publicId="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
  uri="docbookx.dtd"/>

<public publicId="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
  uri="docbookx.dtd"/>

<public publicId="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
  uri="docbookx.dtd"/>

This is what some people are suggesting.  I am a bit hesitant to do this,
due to the fact that if you explicitely want to validate against 4.1.2 or
4.2 you will have a bit wider specification if you use 4.4's DTD.

Or wouldn't it matter that much?

Any insight welcome...

Thanks,

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.andf.info/
http://www.tendra.org/ | http://www.in-nomine.org/ | catcher@in-nomine.org
To regard the fundamental as the essence, to regard things as coarse, to
regard accumulation as deficiency, and to dwell quietly alone with the
spiritual and the intelligent -- herein lie the techniques of Tao of
the ancients.