Subject: Re: [docbook] Removing <ackno>

Your first step eliminated the declaration of the element name and its
content model and attribute list.  But the DTD still has one or more uses of
that element name in content models of other elements.  Those don't
automatically disappear, but have to be removed with further customization.

I wrote my LiveDTD tool specifically to help me customize DTDs, because it
can tell you where an element is used in the DTD.  Go to:

http://www.sagehill.net/livedtd/docbook44/

If you click on the "ackno" name in the left column, the right pane shows
where the element is declared.  If you click on the "+" to the left of
ackno, it will show you a list of elements that use ackno.  In this case,
only article, so you would have to declare a new version of article.

To do that, you set the 'article.element' PE to IGNORE, and then add a new
element declaration with a content model that leaves out ackno.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Szabo" <George_Szabo@hyperion.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 11:47 AM
Subject: [docbook] Removing <ackno>

Hello,

I'm creating a DTD that's a subset of Docbook (XML) 4.3. We need to
remove is <ackno>.   I've made w/various attempts, but to no avail.  For
example, I tried the following in the customization layer:

  <!ENTITY % ackno.module "IGNORE">
  <!ENTITY % ackno.element "IGNORE">

However, in XMLSpy, <ackno> is still available for selection after
indicate that the <ackno> element is not declared, but since <ackno> is
available for selection, it seems something else must need to be done.

Thank you -
- george szabo