Subject: Re: Whatever happened too CSS+XML?

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:05:03PM -0500,
 Steven T. Hatton <hattons@globalsymmetry.com> wrote
 a message of 15 lines which said:

> A few years back I was looking at this stuff, and never understood why people
> weren't more interested in it.

I believe it is because many things cannot be handled at all by CSS:

* generation of a ToC
* footnotes
* reordering
 but I want it rendered as "Stephane Bortzmeyer")

and for some, to be handled by XML may require a much better Xpath /
Xpointer / etc support in the browsers:

* internal links