Subject: Re: [docbook] Whatever happened too CSS+XML?

> If we have [..]
I thuink too, that this would be the right way. When I startet using
DocBook, in fact I expected this behaviour, and I was nearly
dissappointet when i saw that I was wrong.

> - mean clean lean XHTML that accurately represent
>   the rendering *intention* without messing with
>   the actual rendition
Yes, this is just what (X)HTML was ment for - markup. Everything else
can be done with CSS. If you then also could tell the XSL-Transformation
to use a specific template, e.g tell it that it should output the TOC at
the beginning AND the end (not whithin the DocBook sourcefile itsself,
but wehen transforming it into it's destination format), you can really
make every posible layout without retrandforming the DocBook files.

> The classic showpiece is css Zen Garden:
>   http://www.csszengarden.com/
Good example how it *should* be..
Another example what cool beahivour can be made with only CSS is
http://der-dirigent.de/ (german)

Anyway - it qwould be really great if there was a way to do this.

regards,
Peter Körner