Subject: Re: Cross-linking to a range

Hi,

> In what sense is it left out?

It is left out because there is no direct link to it; a human must
infer what is between the two links given.

> Do you expect a user to be able to click
> on such a link? What would you like to happen if they did?

I'd expect the default behaviour to create a link that looks like
<link_first /> -- <link_last />, pretty much what the manual job would
be now. I'd also expect various implementations to handle it
differently, either as above, or a smarter system might create a popup
of all links in the range, a hover TOC, 'print these chapters', etc.

Regards,

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert