Subject: Re: [docbook] docbook and rdf

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 22:08 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Dave Pawson wrote:
> > Since the defnitions of docbook elements is so stable,
> > is it feasible to utilise them as rdf properties?
> > I need to specify a published date and place and docbook neatly provides
> > this.
>
> Why you are not using Dublin Core? I'm not sure about place, but date is
> surely here.
Yes, and I've got lots of other bits from other places.
For address docbook 'names' seemed to be natural for address.

> > What suggested url might I use to ensure it's clear I'm referring to
> > the docbook elements? tdg seems very temporally bound. Is it right
> > for this purpose?
>
> I thinkt that you should use DocBook V5.0 namespace URI --
> http://docbook.org/ns/docbook

Yes, except this is part of the schism in W3C.
Namespaces weren't supposed to be de-referenced,
yet for an ontology, they are!
Should a ns and a 'resource' use the same ns?

I don't know!

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson