Subject: Re: [docbook] http://docbook.sourceforge.net/ problem

Just picking up one point Michael.

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 19:47 +0900, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

David T said:

> > But using JavaScript-based dynamic interfaces with
> > drag-n-drop/multiple windows/interactive features is only
> > justified when a simple point-and-go/single view is single
> > page/static text approach does not work.
>
> I disagree with that completely. There are other features of web
> pages that are not essential but that contribute to a better user
> experience. Color for example.

Again, it is only a better user experience if the users you are
expecting to read the page have good colo(u)r vision.

There are one or two websites that try and give a user with
good colour vision an experience of a colourful website as seen
by someone with little or no colour vision.

The general advice is not to use colour to provide semantic information.

regards DaveP