Subject: RE: [docbook] <simplesect> question

The problem with

  section
    simpara
    para
    simpara
    para

rather than

  section
    simplesect
      para
    simplesect
      para

become apparent when you want to insert a new '1. para' in a subdivision, even if you use it purely to get some whitespace in the copy.

At least in my case, a specific update of the text will typically change a set of consecutive para's, i.e., a natural subdivision, rather than individual para's. Indexterm's are also typically related to a set of para's.

kind regards
Peter Ring