Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: How to handle lost functionality regarding thetoc element and lot element in DocBook 5

Norm,

Thanks.  The note I was referring to was in the specification.  Table 1
says that

  lot, lotentry, tocback, tocchap, tocfront, toclevel1, toclevel2,
  toclevel3, toclevel4, toclevel5, tocpart

are

  Replaced by simpler tocdiv element.

I haven't checked the How To; it may also need some changes.

Since an empty toc is valid, I can recode <lot role="figure"/> with
<toc remap="lot" role="figure"/>.  We may add a class attribute to toc
to provide an enumerated list of values; it makes it easier on new
authors.

I tested against the role version against the V5.0b5 RelaxNG and it
validates.  Just a matter of changing the match in our XSLT.

Thanks again.

Larry Rowland