Subject: Profiling atribute for customer

Profiling is a great thing and we always try to make use of it, wherever
it makes sense.

We use use
* "condition" for specifying target output (manual, help, tutorial,
marketing)
* "conformance" for feature set (full, light, interdependencies of
application modules)
* but then, we are missing something like "customer" (after all "vendor"
is available), because our (standard) application has several customer
specific extensions in function set and GUI and mixing these things up
with the first two attributes will confuse our writers even more.

I admit, that normally customer profiling could be done with
"condition/conformance", but as you can see, they are already used with
a clear goal. I think that customer specific extensions are not that
rare in our area, and the more or less "generic" profiling attributes
like condition and conformance can be used for any purpose. Of course,
instead of using condition for specifying target output, one could claim
for a general "target-output" profiling attribute, making "condition"
free for customer profiling. And we can surely find a lot of other
further practices, all of them representable with their own profiling
attribute :-/

I wait for some people to post that extensions to the schema of DocBook
are very easy to realize in Version 5, but we cannot yet switch to it.
And I'm not willing to use "role".

Are "customer" specific features in applications not a prevalent issue,
in order to justify a new profiling attribute?

Thanks for any comment,
Georges