Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: [docbook-tc] Followup to Norm's write up on numbering.

Neil Roeth wrote:

> If you are really trying to express something like, "this list
> replaces a particular section of another list in the document and should be
> numbered appropriately", as we saw in one example, then an extension to
> DocBook that handles this should allow specifying that a list is a replacement
> of part of another, and the stylesheet should figure out the numbering from
> that.

Although that I agree with you on this aspect generally, I can live with
  @startingnumber on lists and procedures. Using
continuation="continues" is not always sufficient or practical. And
although adding reference to the list which should continue would be the
clean way of implementing this feature, it would be probably "too much"
for ordinary users.

				Jirka

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
      ** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature