Subject: Re: [docbook] missing public docbook-website DTD

Webmaster <Webmaster@comtrol.com> writes:

> Thank you!!! So, these DTD/schema stuff is a mystery to me. I got the
> impression that these types of paths don't change. Was this an oversite? Did
> I have you do something you didn't want to restore? Is there a better path
> to use?

It was a mistake for me to have deleted the directory.

That said, it's not reliable to use a system that retrieves the
DTD remotely every time you need it. Especially in the case of
retrieving it from the Sourceforge webserver -- because that
(along with other SF services) is known to become unavailable,
without warning, for hours (or sometimes even days) at a time.

The better path is to consider doing what Adam suggested and get
an XML catalog setup working on your system. And to consider using
an operating system and OS distribution with DocBook packages
package-management system that installs all the necessary stuff in
all the right places so that you don't need to worry about it.
FreeBSD and Mac OS X and any decent Linux distribution all have
package-management systems like that available.

You can install the Cygwin system on Windows to get something
similar (though I don't know if docbook-website is packaged for it).

  --Mike

smime.p7s