Subject: OASIS Press Release to Announce Approval of DocBook 4.5

--PLEASE NOTE QUOTE DEADLINE IS MONDAY, 16 OCT--

The Consortium is in the process of drafting a press release to announce the
approval of DocBook v4.5 as an OASIS Standard. We have targeted Wednesday, 18
October, for distribution.

While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members to our
technical work, only Foundational- and Sponsor-level members elect to receive
promotional benefits, such as inclusion in announcements directed to the press.

*Recognition*
The DocBook press release will include the following statement: "The DocBook
OASIS Standard v4.5 was developed by representatives of HP, IBM, PTC,
SiberLogic, Sun Microsystems, and others."
If you represent one of these organizations, and you do *not* wish to be
included in the press release, please notify me.

If you represent a Contributor-level organization participating in the
Committee, and you wish to receive visibility for your role in the development
of DocBook, please contact peter.roden@oasis-open.org immediately for
information on upgrading your membership to take advantage of this promotional
benefit.

*Quotes*
Any Foundational- or Sponsor-level member of OASIS may submit a quote in
support of the approval of DocBook--you do not have to be a member of the OASIS
DocBook TC. Please email quotes to me, including a name and title at your
organization
to whom the quote can be attributed.

If your organization is not a Sponsor member of OASIS, and you would like to
submit a quote for this press releases, please contact
peter.roden@oasis-open.org.

*More information*
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200610/msg00001.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook

**Our deadline for accepting quotes for this press release is Monday, 16 Oct.**

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
+1.978.667.5115 x209

Register for OASIS Adoption Forum:
"Managing Secure Interactions in Sector Applications"
28-29 Nov 2006, London
www.oasis-open.org/events/adoptionforum2006/