Subject: Re: Add topic element to DocBook?

/ "Michael(tm) Smith" <smith@sideshowbarker.net> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, 2006-10-26 08:59 -0400:
|
|> As a slight extension of this model, we could also add a <tasktopic>
|> element. This would address the feature request[1] for "task" as a
|> peer to "section". If we did this, then I'd expect "topic" or
|> "tasktopic" to be allowed anywhere I've mentioned topic above.
|
| What content model would Tasktopic have?

Roughly the same content model as topic, I assume.

| And "tasktopic" ain't a pretty name. What about naming it
| "process" or "operation" instead? (Yeah I know those stink too,
| but they stink less than "tasktopic".)

Well, I kind of like having "topic" in the name if its a kind of topic
because topics represent a pretty high-level design choice in your
documentation.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | 'All is vanity,' saith the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | Preacher. But if all were only
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | vanity, who would mind? Alas, it
                                   | is too often worse than vanity:
                                   | agony, darkness, death
                                   | also.--Thomas Hardy

PGP signature