Subject: Allowing other namespaced content in info

Scott wrote:
> I would like to propose that we allow elements from other namespaces in the info
> elements for DocBook v5.0. Info should be allowed to contain additional
> elements from any other namespace with the processing
> expectation that they are not used for rendering.

Hey,

A quick poll of developers here at O'Reilly indicated very strong
support for this proposal. We're looking forward to the <info> element
in general, and this seems like a very forward-looking change as we
start to move into the metadata-rich future.

Keith

PS: Thanks to Norm (http://norman.walsh.name/2006/10/26/docbook50b9)
for the prompting.