Subject: RE: [docbook] Adding <para> to a <sect1> between <simplesect>

The xinclude standard includes a syntax for selecting all children of an
element (the last characters in the xpointer attribute being a slash and
an asterisk (/*) specifies all children).  You would need to pick up the
title of the element separately, but it would allow you to pull in all
the children and then add your own paras.

Regards,

Larry Rowland

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Borg [mailto:Chris.Borg@AssetHouse.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 5:26 AM
To: docbooklist

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows a way around a problem we are encountering with
the
addition of paragraphs inbetween sections (simplesect)? The code snippet
below illustrates the problem where we have paragraphs and sections that
we
hope to import from another document using xinclude and xpointer. After
the
imported sections we would like to include additional paragraphs with
explanitory narrative. However, docbook does not allow these paragraphs
inbetween sections under, in this case <sect1>. It only allows <para>
between <sect1> and the first section.

Alternatively, is there a tag that allows multiple <para> to be grouped
in a
higher level tag which I can then be given an id and used to import with
xinclude within a section?

Thanks and regards
Chris

				<sect1><title>Generalizable
Element</title>
(imported using xinclude)	<para>Summary para will go here which is
imported using Xinclude and Xpointer</para>
(imported using xinclude)	<simplesect>
					<title>Description</title>
					<para>description para 1 will go
here which is imported using Xinclude and Xpointer</para>
					<para>description para 2 will go
here which is imported using Xinclude and Xpointer</para>
				</simplesect>
					<para>Narative paras after
Summary
and descritption</para>