Subject: Abbreviation of a caption

Hello,

Perhaps s.o. can help me.
I am writing a Software-Cookbook and I have very long headings.
Unfortunately it is not possible to make them shorter without loosing
the sence. Now, they do not fit into the caption that is generated
automatically (output: PDF). Thus, I have one line less and my text
reaches into the header. That does not look very nice in the generated
PDF.
I heard that it is possible to abbreviate the header. How does this
work?

Regards,
Yvonne

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.