Subject: Re: [docbook] Relax NG, XSD and DTA

On 2/9/07, Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name> wrote:
> I was looking at the source tree a few months ago; I believe the RNG
> version is generated from a set of RNC files that Norm W. manually
> maintains. From comments on the list, I think other schemas are
> generated automatically from either the RNG or RNC files.

And just to be explicit on something that bit me yesterday, for
DocBook 4.x the DTD is normative, whereas for 5.x the RNG is
normative. This means, practically, that you can have 4.4 documents
"valid" (against the DTD) that won't validate against the
non-normative 4.4 XSD (probably because of NCName constraints on @ids,
[no ":"], but there may be other stuff...).

Are there similar differences to be expected between RNG and XSD (my
guess is no)?

HTH,
Keith