Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] AW: [SPAM] [docbook] "xmlto pdf" command fails inTeX/LaTeX step on debian system.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 12:20:20PM EST, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[snip]

> This looks like http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=291813
> and http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=318822.
>
> I didn't fully examine the problem yet, but it seems to be caused by
> passivetex [1], which has been removed from Debian Etch/Sid.

That is really good news, not only does it "not work" but it also takes
a heck of a long time doing so.

> As mentioned in the mail cited in the footnote, dblatex(.sf.net) might
> be a replacement for passivetex. But it seems, you are a Sarge user.
> I'm not sure, what I should suggest. docbook-xsl(you can safely use
> the package from Sid under Sarge) and fop should work for creating
> PDFs. But I don't know, how this fits your LaTeX environment.

> [1] See also http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=291813;msg=12.

Thanks.

I would pretty much like to keep the xml/docbook & LaTeX environments
seperate.

The kernel on my debian etch system needs a bit of work but I should be
able to bring it up some time next weekend and if I can get FOP to work
on this new system, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks,
cga