Subject: RE: [docbook] namespace markup

I agree that an XML namespace is not a URI, but based on this from the
XML namespace spec:

[1][Definition: An XML namespace is identified by a URI reference
[RFC3986]; element and attribute names may be placed in an XML namespace
using the mechanisms described in this specification.]

It is clear that a the string used to specify the namespace, its
namespace name, is a URI. It may be a URI that is constrained as to its
possible contents, but it is still a URI.

So, as Jirka pointed out the best way, IMHO, is to use <uri
type="xmlnamespace"> when referring to an XML namespace using its
namespace name.

Again from the spec:

[1][Definition: For a name N in a namespace identified by a URI I, the
namespace name is I.]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names

Cheers,
Eric