Subject: Re: [docbook] Re:Re: How to really configurate docbook on my local language

Hi David,
That's fine that setting those two parameters worked for you.  My point is that you should not have to set those parameters to get the proper results.  Adding xml:lang="es" to the root element of the document should suffice.  The rest should be automatic.

That's why I asked about your set up.  I can use Oxygen 8 open a document with the start element shown in your sample, process it using either the HTML or FO stylesheets, and all the generated text is Spanish.  I'm trying to figure out why some of your generated text is not Spanish.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: David
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:54 AM

Dear Bob Styton,

Thanks for you interest, I have asked also on Oxygen Xml forum because I am using this framework for workgin with Docbook, on the following link you will find the answer to my problem:

I was a Docbook/Oxygen configuration problem, I order to really obtain a real local file I have to add the following prperties on the scenario configuration:

<xsl:param name="l10n.gentext.language">es</xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="l10n.gentext.use.xref.language">1</xsl:param>

Thanks any way,

David

>Hi David,
>It should all be translated.  I just tested a sample file and it worked.  Can you >provide more details of your processing setup?  Do you have a customization layer?  >If so, what happens if you process with the stock stylesheet instead?

>Bob Stayton
>Sagehill Enterprises
>DocBook Consulting
>bobs@sagehill.net

..
></book>

>in order to get the generated document with the spanish label and I get property: >Tabla de Contenidos for Table of Contents, Prefacio, etc, nevertheless some other >labels are not properly translated, for example:

>1. Draft: I get the translated word: "Borrador" for the Table of Contents, and >Preface part of the book, but for the rest of the document I get: "Draft".

>2. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. Instead of Capítulo 1, Capítulo 2, etc.

>3. When I use <xref> for a figure, table or section I get the text in english, for >example: Figure 1.1 "The caption" instead of Figura 1.1 "The caption". The same apply >for the section, example, etc.

>Where do I have to configure such information?

>Thanks in advance,

>David

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.