Subject: RE: [docbook] Including sub-books into the set-tag

Have you tried Xinclude?

   <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
href="file.xml" parse="xml">

            <xi:fallback>
                <para> The required content cannot be found. </para>
            </xi:fallback>
        </xi:include>

Using Xalan or xmllint you can include the xml file in your parent.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/07/31/xinclude.html

Lex Poot
Consultant

http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com
Flatirons Solutions Corp
4747 Table Mesa Dr. Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80305
Cell: (703)861-6922
Fax: (303)544-0522

-----Original Message-----
From: Rock Lobster [mailto:email@christian-gleinser.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:36 AM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] Including sub-books into the set-tag

Hello,

I found the "set" tag which can be used to merge separate books into one
big
book, but in the example, they just wrote three sub-books inside the
set-area, which is not what I'm looking for. Instead, I'd need something
reference an external file, so that I have a "set"-file and my separate
book
files, while the set-file only contains the path and filenames.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Nice greetings
Rock Lobster