Subject: RE: [docbook] Little black tags in http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ ...

I'm not sure I understand the question. What feature are you referring to?
All elements marked with the "4.2" graphic were added in version 4.2 of the
DocBook DTD.

If you are curious about the transformation to HTML, take a look at the
source + stylesheets in the DocBook Subversion repository
(http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/defguide/).

/MJ