Subject: Examples of biblioref

Hi,

for bibliographic references I use the biblioref element as it seems it
was invented for. It can also hold some additional attributes (begin,
end, units). However, the explanation for DocBook 4 [1] is "TBD" and the
stylesheets haven't any support in it. ;-) (In DocBook 5 there are some
explanations though.)

Now I was looking for some examples, especially the additional attributes
above in combinations with "xrefstyle". I suppose, the general concept is
the same like the xref element.

For example, assume I have the following entry:

  <biblioentry xml:id="bib.web.docbook">
    <abbrev>docbook</abbrev>
    <title>DocBook</title>
    <subtitle>The Definitive Guide</subtitle>
    <author>
      <personname>
        <surname>Walsh</surname>
        <firstname>Norman</firstname>
      </personname>
    </author>
    <author>
      <personname>
        <surname>Muellner</surname>
        <firstname>Leonard</firstname>
      </personname>
    </author>
    <copyright>
        <year>1999</year>
        <holder>O'Reilly</holder>
    </copyright>
    <edition>1.</edition>
    <biblioid class="isbn">1-56592-580-7</biblioid>
  </biblioentry>

When I want to reference to a specific page, it may be something like
this:

   <biblioref linkend="bib.web.docbook"
              unit="page"
              begin="50"/>

But how do I change the appearance of the link? Probably I need a
xrefstyle:

   <biblioref linkend="bib.web.docbook"
              unit="page"
              begin="50"
              xrefstyle="..."/>

The question is: What content can/should I choose for xrefstyle? It seems
there are an awful lot of combinations. Are there any ideas, plans what
is the prefered markup in this regard? Or is my understanding of
biblioref wrong?

Thanks,
Tom

-----