Subject: Re: [docbook] Element for an author's website URL

Hi,

> [...]
> > Maybe I am missing something obvious, but why not use link?
>
> Because it's a link, not a URL

But a link can also be a URI/URL. According to the TDG[1]:

  »The link is a general purpose hypertext element. [...]
   If it has an xlink:href attribute, link is the equivalent of an
   HTML anchor (<html:a href="...">) for cross reference
   with a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).«

Maybe I didn't understand your argument. But why introduce
another element when there is already a general purpose element
for this issue? :-)

Bye,
Tom

------