Subject: Referring to Appendices from within a chapter

Hi,

I'm new to docbook (literally started with it yesterday), and am writing up
some system documentation using a book/chapter model.

I've created a few appendices, and was wondering how to refer (link) to them
using the '<appendix id="name">' they were created with instead of doing a
<link> to an <xref>, or whether that is the right approach to take at all.

Thanks

Stuart J. Browne