Subject: RE: [docbook] Referring to Appendices from within a chapter

> Well, olinks may not be necessary in this case.  Is the
> appendix in the same document as the text referencing the
> appendix?  If so, then you can use an xref element with a
> linkend attribute matching the id value of the appendix:
>
> <xref linkend="name"/>
>
> Then the stylesheet will generate the cross reference text
> and make it a hot link.
>
> > I recommend using Olinks. See Bob Stayton's chapter from DocBook XSL:

Yes, the appendix is in the same document.

I stumbled across and thus am currently using '<link
linkend="appendix_id">', and it seems to work.

Stuart

<!-- chapter-installation.xml -->
<chapter id='installation'>
    <title>Installation / Implementation Process</title>
    <section>
        <title>All Nodes</title>
        <para>
            All systems should ... <link linkend="packagelist">base package
list</link>.
        </para>
    </section>
</chapter>

<!-- appendix-package-listing.xml -->
<appendix id='packagelist'>
    <title>Package List</title>
    <section>
        <title>Base package list</title>
        <para>
            <programlisting>&base_pkg_list;</programlisting>
        </para>
    </section>
</appendix>