Subject: Re: [docbook] Rename firstname and surname?

+1

I spent all of 12 minutes surveying the territory again,
using online (Wikipedia) sources and other available resources:

"first" and "sur" don't quite get the job done from a
multi-cultural POV. Most of the names belonging to living
persons (arguably?) don't submit to that description.
"given" and "family" come a lot closer, if we have to use
just two descriptors.

Robin Cover