Subject: Re: [docbook] Rename firstname and surname?

Daniel Leidert wrote:

> I agree. Also "family name" can have different meanings. Sometimes it's
> used for the current surname and sometimes it's used for the (sur)name
> at birth, which is not always equal to the current surname (at least in
> Germany). I'm nit completely sure, but IMHO "surname" doesn't have these
> different meanings. Am I wrong?

Using the dictionaries that I have, surname and family name are the same
thing, so on that basis I'd prefer familyname as being easier to
'translate' for non en speakers?

The earlier examples gave options for name at birth, so perhaps the
docbook definition (tdg?) could include a timestamp, i.e. family name
at the time of authoring this document?

regards

--
Dave Pawson